Kathleen is an experienced civil litigator, having tried over 60 jury trials in the Rhode Island Superior Courts. While Kathleen’s experience encompasses many facets of civil litigation, the emphasis of her practice is in representing clients in personal injury and wrongful death actions. Kathleen’s willingness to take a case all the way to trial, if necessary, gives her valuable negotiating power with the insurance companies. Kathleen has also argued numerous appeals before the Rhode Island Supreme Court, showing a tenacity to fight for the rights of her clients as far as necessary to obtain proper justice.
Kathleen spent many years as a litigator for two major insurance companies before returning to the firm where she began her legal career. The knowledge gained from working for insurance companies gives her a unique perspective on how best to negotiate with the insurance companies to get her clients the most compensation under the law to resolve their claims.
In addition to her busy legal practice, Kathleen is very active in the Rhode Island Bar Association, serving on its Executive Committee and House of Delegates. She is also a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates and serves as Legal Counsel to the Central Rhode Island Chamber of Commerce.
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- Honors: cum laude
- Roger Williams College, Bristol, Rhode Island
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Personal Injury
- General Liability
- Rhode Island, 1994
- Massachusetts, 1996
- U.S. District Court District of Rhode Island, 1995
- Rhode Island Bar Association, Executive Committee, House of Delegates, Superior Court Bench/Bar Committee, Annual Meeting Committee
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Central Rhode Island Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Legal Counsel